Posted over 1 year ago
VICE PRESIDENT OF STRATEGIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT in PRODUCT
REQUISITION ID: 1003400
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This is a key leadership role that helps drive the growth of our digital portfolio consisting of IOT applications, Data Management, Edge and Analytics product portfolios, by creating a strategic partner ecosystem, working with corporate alliances as appropriate. This role also engages direct sales teams to establish and evolve optimal GTM models for new Vantara products, partner products and acquisitions across all key regions.
- Own the creation and execution of the digital portfolio business development strategy and execution plan, working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, marketing, corporate alliances and sales).
- Create and maintain a partner map of categories and specific targets to develop, that will drive our products into the market, including creation of partner value propositions, based on both Vantara’s interests and insights into partners’ business, products and motivations.
- Prepare proposals with business plans, revenue forecasts, investments needed and actions from internal functions needed to execute. Establish relationships with partners and lead discussions, connecting critical stakeholders in either company as needed. Negotiate and close strategic partnerships, engaging corporate alliances as necessary.
- Engage sales teams to develop and execute optimal market entry GTM/selling models with core and specialist sales teams to drive the adoption of new digital products and new acquisitions in each of the regions.
- Engage sales teams to establish optimal rules of engagement that are synergistic with partner GTM. Work closely with strategic partners to ensure that the relationship is productive, and achieving the desired outcome.
- Recruit, grow and retain top talent in each major operating region.
- BS in a technology discipline, with an MBA or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in senior leadership roles in a product business development capacity, driving business through both direct and indirect channels.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills, working across multiple functions in a matrixed, mid-to-large size company environment.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technology trends, disruptions and products in the enterprise software, data management, analytics and IOT markets.
- Strategic and creative thinker, with an entrepreneurial drive. Able to make timely business decisions, by evaluating and making the right trade-offs in ambiguous situations.
- Strong understanding of GTM/sales team models and incentives, including generalist, specialist, overlay and indirect selling models.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, executing, and closing strategic partnerships with companies ranging from large enterprises to start-ups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.