Posted 11 months ago
Videographer, Curriculum Development
Online – Remote
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
In support of this, the Videographer is responsible for creation, editing, and maintenance of digital videos to support content creation and academic support for Independence University. The videographer will have strong video editing skills, including familiarity with Snagit, Camtasia, Final Cut Pro, and other editing software. The videographer also has responsibility for script writing and may supervise voiceover talent and actors (professional and amateur). Experience with online education and learning management systems is preferred.
- Craft engaging videos from voiceover content, stock photos, original video and photos
- Write grammatically correct, concise, and engaging scripts
- Manage YouTube video channels and similar video management systems
- Artistically record video and still photos appropriately designed for career-oriented, higher education content across a wide spectrum of subject matter
- Edit voiceovers
- Collaborate with and support the curriculum development team, including writers, designers, subject matter experts, and colleagues in other university functions
- Manage jobs from brainstorming through design to production and implementation
- Work within deadlines individually and collaboratively on large- and small-scale projects
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience developing videos professionally
- Strong portfolio exhibiting professional video work
- Must be proficient in video editing software, preferably Snagit, Camtasia, and Final Cut Pro
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud programs—Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Must have a strong working knowledge of digital media and interactive design programs
- Extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, great collaborator/team player
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate creative vision and to craft the vision of others into an effective final product
- Passion for learning and creating
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.