Posted about 1 year ago
VP Data Engineering (DE) - Data Intelligence (Di)
Data Intelligence & Department Overview:
Data Intelligence (Di) is the force that propels Salesforce into the 4th Industrial Revolution, informing through trusted data and artificial intelligence the path forward to be smarter in every dimension. From financial forecasting, to customer health, adoption insights and the outmost trusted and curated data, the Data Intelligence team is the unbiased partner to all Salesforce's data trailblazers in their quest to drive customer success.
There 6 competencies that make Di this powerful Engine: Unified Intelligence Platform (#MultiSubstrateData@Scale), Data Engineering (#DataPipelines@Scale), Information Management & Strategy (#KnowAndTrustYourData), Visualization & Enablement (#PowerToDataTrailblazers), Data Science Applications (#AI4All), and Strategy & Growth (#ThinkTankDoTank)
We need the amazing you to play a key role in the Data Engineering (DE) team. The DE team leverages multi-substrate big data systems (UIP) and transforms data into a valuable fuel to ignite self-service analytics and AI augmented solutions. The DE team architects, automates, and scales our data curation frameworks, services, and processes to rapidly integrate disconnected and disparate raw big data into business-relevant assets with one thing in mind: to enable data trailblazers across Salesforce leverage intelligence to drive customer success.
Interesting Articles about some of our work:
Lessons in Building: What Salesforce Had to Learn About Forecasting After Missing Internal Sales Goals
How AI Is Transforming Forecasting for the Better
How Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff uses artificial intelligence to end internal politics at meetings
Marc Benioff brings an A.I. machine called Einstein to his weekly staff meeting
- Build the vision, set the strategy, roadmap, and implementation for big data engineering services, balancing short and long-term priorities against the data & infrastructure need for actionable insights across Salesforce Cloud Businesses.
- Be a thought leader and trusted advisor to the Chief Data Officer of Salesforce and to the top Executives across Product, Technology, and Engineering to empower the most critical decisions with data and enable the data-informed culture at Salesforce.
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with working teams.
- Build and maintain the team brand both internally (speaking in Executive forums, evangelizing on internal social networks) and externally (speaking at industry events, blogs).
- Direct the design and development of a world-class data platform and engineering services hosted on premise, on public cloud, and hybrid infrastructures to support current and future needs to drive actionable insights across Salesforce Cloud Businesses.
- Define and ensure a high level of data quality and big data stack availability which also incorporates privacy and security elements into the offering.
- Lead and mentor Engineering leaders. Recruit, retain and grow world-class talent in Data Engineering and Infrastructure focus areas.
- Lead a team culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, experimentation, diversity, and inclusivity that aligns with Salesforce core values and enriches the impact, careers, and learning opportunities across the Data Intelligence team.
- Constantly learn, have a clear pulse on innovation across the enterprise SaaS, data science and engineering communities.
- A proven technology leader with a passion towards building and leading Global engineering teams to solve complex business problems.
- 15+ years experience in a combination of enterprise data engineering, data platform strategy, software engineering, consulting, infrastructure services or an equivalent field.
- 7+ years of experience managing and scaling technical innovation and leading large engineering teams at a high growth enterprise.
- MBA or Master’s in Technology (computer science, computer engineering, economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative field).
- Proven experience working directly with senior executive leadership, and driving explosive adoption and revenue growth with multiple business units and/or companies.
- Expert communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience thinking out-of-the-box and solving tough engineering problems.
- Expert in building business critical data infrastructure, data pipelines and scale algorithms that fuels the large growth analytics and data science deliverables.
- Experience in directing the organization to adopt public cloud infrastructure and lead the journey from on-premise to public cloud.
- Demonstrates passion for technology and exhibits technical depth to uncover root causes of complex problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude that is able to drive multiple large initiatives concurrently across cross-functional teams.
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions.
- Get-it-done mindset with a strong bias towards action.
- Advanced Salesforce product knowledge a plus.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.