Posted 11 months ago
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Vice President Global Service Management
Location: San Francisco
We are looking for an inspiring executive with a compelling vision to lead the Global Service Management (GSM) organization which owns Change Management, Problem Management, Resiliency Architecture and Availability Reporting for applications and infrastructure across all Salesforce clouds. You will lead the GSM teams as they deliver operational excellence. You will also lead the innovation and transformation required to continually increase velocity and scale while improving availability and customer experience.
We provide mission critical services for customers in all industries and geographies, including the world's largest enterprises. We manage high velocity change to highly distributed infrastructure and applications. We take smart risks, we learn from both success and failure, we continuously improve and we embrace new technologies.
- You are a multiplier and you excel at developing strong managers, teams, and technical and non-technical individual contributors, including geographically distributed teams that provide 24 hour coverage.
- You're naturally customer focused.
- You're curious and you have a beginner's mind.
- You identify technical and business opportunities others may not see and you motivate and align people to define and implement solutions.
- You apply data science and automation to improve, accelerate and scale data-driven decisions and process execution.
- You are comfortable engaging with customers and senior executives.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit grace under pressure.
- You value inclusion and diversity.
- Own the vision for GSM and ensure that it aligns with the overall technology and company vision. Be an expert on technology and industry trends. Evangelize the vision.
- Develop your people. Help them reach their potential. Give them opportunities to shine.
- Increase change velocity and scale while improving service availability and reducing incidents.
- Define KPIs and measure and monitor success.
- Deliver the best customer experience possible. Be empathetic and listen to customers. Bring the customer's voice into the planning process.
- Collaborate across teams. We achieve success together.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Experience leading distributed teams that own change management, problem management and service resiliency.
- Proven ability to create and deliver a vision that excites and inspires teams.
- Demonstrated achievement in both operational excellence and strategy.
- Cloud computing experience and experience managing services in first party data centers and AWS and/or GCP.
- Understand the challenges of supporting micro services.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership and handling sensitive customer situations
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and work autonomously.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.