Raisely helps charities raise more money online. So far we’ve raised nearly $50 million dollars for causes which benefit the wellbeing of people and planet.
We’re on a mission to raise $1 billion by 2025. We’ll do that by backing ambitious campaigns for world-changing causes. We’ll help them get set up, design their campaign, build features and implement our platform in new and innovative ways. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Web Developer to join our growing, worldwide team.
This isn’t your usual web developer role though, we want someone to apply their code skills, people smarts and resourcefulness to creating impactful, bespoke fundraising campaigns for our key charity customers.
It’s a perfect role for a web developer/designer with freelance experience, who’s comfortable managing your own customers, site strategy and scope.
This is a full-time, remote role.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Set up and configure great-looking campaigns on the Raisely platform
- Build bespoke themes with HTML, CSS and our page builder
- Add custom functionality through React components and our API
- Plan and create custom integrations built on our API and third party tools like Zapier or Google Sheets
- Scope solutions, account manage and be a trusted advisor to our biggest customers
- Check in with campaigns you manage when they hit key milestones, proactively make recommendations on how they can be even more successful
- Support with quoting, scoping and planning prospective new projects
- Run A/B tests and optimisation experiments for major campaigns
- Improve anything. Grow Raisely. Your job description doesn’t end with these bullet points.
- You’re a go-getter, you thrive on finding problems and can’t rest until you solve them. You welcome an environment where you can learn and work independently.
- You’re resourceful. You find shortcuts, don’t mind a bit of duct-tape, and get excited by making things simpler than they were before.
- You’re a superb communicator – written and verbal. You’re fluent in English. You are eager to help others, and have no problem breaking down internet things to non-technical folk.
- You’re not comfortable with the status quo. You’re not in this for a quick dollar, you think the world needs to be better and that technology will get us there.
We’re a technology social enterprise. Our mission is to increase online fundraising for charities, adding fuel to the fire for a more just, equal, and sustainable world.
We’re a team of nine engineers/designers/marketers across seven cities and four countries.
We’re not your typical start-up. Our social impact comes first, it’s central to everything we build and every decision we make. We’re proudly self-funded, and we give all staff ownership of our company.
We want to be diverse and encourage anyone regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality, ethnicity, age or disability to apply.
To do this role well we do need the following:
- Ability to work at least 4 hours a day within Australian east-coast business hours.
- An advanced understanding of HTML and CSS, including experience building websites from scratch.
- An understanding of APIs, and some experience working with them
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Appropriate permission to work where you live (we can’t sponsor work visas)
Perks and Benefits:
We hope you’re excited by our unique blend of skills, our team and what we’re trying to achieve. But, to sweeten the deal, we offer these great benefits:
💻 Technology – We’ll get you an Apple laptop and screen when you start up.
💵 Salary – We try to pay above-average salaries, adjusted for where you live and your experience. This role pays AU$82,500 a year (including super for Australian employees) + equity.
We’ve based this on an employee with a year or two experience in a similar role. If you’re more senior we can chat.
✈️ Retreats – Every 6-ish months we fly you somewhere pretty for our team retreats. Our next one is in Queenstown!
🗺 Time off – Everyone gets 4 weeks paid leave plus 11 days of public holidays, to be taken when you like. Plus, you get generous sick and compassionate leave.
🌴 Work remotely – We’re a remote-first company, live and work wherever you’re happiest. We’ll cover a coworking space if you’d like to work there.
⏰ Flexibility – Set your own hours and days and adjust as you need.
– We’ll support you with time when you want to learn new skills or pay for conference or course tickets.How to apply:
You’ve got this far! We really want to hear from you. Our application process consists of an interview and assessment task, but to kick off please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with answers to the following questions:
Why would you be a good fit for the Campaign Developer role?
Why do you want to work here over somewhere else?
- Look at this list of tasks (https://gist.github.com/tommaitland/8b5447c4579fa681b2a859e68de90135) and tell us which two you are excited by, which two you want to learn and the two you don’t want to do.
- Tell us about a platform you believe has solved a complex problem really well, and why. Would you change anything in their approach?
- Turn these answers into an example web page which shows us your skills and creativity. Don’t spend more than an hour or two, and we love libraries/shortcuts. Send us a link, or the files as an attachment (no RAR/Drive/Dropbox shares)
If you’re feeling clever, Raisely developer docs are at https://developers.raisely.com and applicants are welcome to create an account with Raisely.