Posted over 1 year ago
Windows Site Operations Consultant (Shifted Work Week)
Location: Americas | Remote | Work from Home
Do you thrive on solving tough problems—even under pressure? Are you motivated by fast-paced environments with continuous learning opportunities? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team of peers who push you to constantly up your game?
At Pythian, we are building a next-generation Site Reliability Engineering team. We need motivated and talented individuals on our teams, and we want you!
You’ll provide operational support to clients’ servers, applications, and network systems. Along with daily client infrastructure maintenance, you’ll manage networks and servers for everything from small start-ups to huge enterprises. You’ll work with innovative clients, such as Sonos, Harvard Business Publishing, and many more.
What will you be doing?
- Operate, maintain and administer open technology solutions that contribute to the operational efficiency, availability and visibility of customer infrastructure.
- Plan and execute maintenances, execute scheduled tasks and follow procedural documentation.
- Observe and provide feedback on the current state of the client’s infrastructure, and identify opportunities to improve resiliency, reduce the occurrence of incidents and automate repetitive administrative and operational tasks.
- Contribute to, improve and maintain team documentation about client systems and infrastructure, procedures, policies and schedules.
- Gather and document information about client environments through audit activities, and analyze the information to identify opportunities for improvement and application of best practices.
- Work collaboratively with team mates to contribute to the continuous improvement of our working culture.
- Participate in on-call rotation for customer escalations.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Essential systems hardware and network troubleshooting experience.
- Windows Server 2003 - 2012 R2 installation, configuration and performance tuning.
- User, group, trust and group policy management in an Active Directory environment.
- Fundamental TCP/IP networking, NIC teaming and network services configuration (DNS, NTP, DHCP, etc).
- Administration of web servers and supporting technologies, including network load balancers.
- Operation and administration of virtual hardware platforms (Hyper-V / VMware) and cloud technologies (AWS and/or Azure).
- Operation and administration of Systems Centre and related/integrated products.
- System and application error investigation, troubleshooting of access/availability issues.
- Scripting and automation of administrative tasks using powershell.
- Experience in configuration and management of Monitoring systems.
- Highly desirable:
- Familiarity with F5s, Cisco hardware and networking technologies.
- Familiarity with configuration and management of SANs.
- Basic Linux Operating System & Troubleshooting Knowledge.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Windows Site Operations Consultant in the Americas, you will be part of our Customer Service Delivery team that is entrusted to manage our global client's mission critical systems as well as deploying cutting edge technology from blockchain to serverless and cloud databases, covering all modern data and infrastructure. They deliver first class personalized level of service to our clients across financial, educational, media, retail and many more.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America permanently– Pythian will not sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of, a foreign worker to become a U.S permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work in the U.S.