Posted about 1 year ago
Mediavine, a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 5,600 websites in the food, travel, lifestyle and entertainment space, is searching for a WordPress Engineer.
We currently have a growing list of WordPress products and an extensive roadmap that brings modern web solutions to WordPress users.
We are looking for an engineer who cares deeply about the quality of the products we are building, and a creative problem-solver who both understands WordPress’ limitations and how to optimally work within or around them.
The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the full WordPress stack as it stands today. Any candidate must be prepared to learn new technologies and have the flexibility to adapt to non-traditional WordPress implementations.
Mediavine is a completely remote company, so communication skills are crucially important. Prior experience with remote work is also greatly desired.
As an engineer at Mediavine you can expect to:
- Build and extend our WordPress Plugins:
- Create by Mediavine
- Mediavine Control Panel
- More coming soon!
- Extend our WordPress Theme Framework
- Develop and extend Child Themes
- Work with our design team to optimize user experience
- Implement strategies to automate and optimize development
- Manage plugin rollouts to our community of publishers
- Ensure all plugins have met QA requirements
A candidate must have:
- 2-4 years professional experience
- Experience working with Subversion and/or Git
- Continuous drive to learn
- Deep familiarity with WordPress core, including hooks and the REST API
- 1+ Years in customer-facing role (customer service, support, etc)
- Located within the United States
Bonus points for experience:
- Working/familiarity with Agile Frameworks like SCRUM
- Working with React/Preact
- Building against Lighthouse
- Writing/working with Object Oriented PHP
- Using TDD, including WordPress testing frameworks
- Ownership of/contributions to at least one published plugin with 100+ active installs
- Travel opportunities
- Remote work environment
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Salary: $65,000 - $85,000