WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
In short, you will be the go-to person for all things WordPress and PHP.
You will be working with a product manager, designers, and integration team to support our existing WordPress Plugin and add feature enhancements. You will also lead the development of a new plugin along with other PHP based integrations of our new platform.
- Own the existing and new plugins
- Help troubleshoot client issues
- Add feature requests, manage builds, and release updates to the WordPress Plugin directory
You will also work with our sales and marketing teams to support our corporate website, built on WordPress.
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- Ability to work with a distributed team across multiple time zones, while comfortable working independently
- A creative problem solver, able to look outside the box to achieve desired results
- A comprehensive experience creating WordPress plugins with a solid understanding of the loop, shortcodes, widgets, child themes, and the gutenberg block editor
- An understanding of how to fully utilize CSS and reusable elements to reduce repetitive work
- Front and back end development experience (should be comfortable updating designs as well as creating new features and functionality)
- PHP development experience
- Performance savvy engineer, you understand the shortcomings for WordPress and are accustomed to making your code as efficient as possible and can help identify and troubleshoot performance issues
HOW WE WORK
LaterPay has around 50 people spread over 13+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 8ish UTC to 5ish UTC, and ideally you’ll overlap at least 4 hours with our European team in the afternoon. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
Find out more about our culture in our blog
- AllHands (biannual team event)
- Training budget
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- Upload your CV, and
- Answer the following in your cover letter.
- Why do you enjoy building WordPress plugins?
- Name something new you have learned about WordPress recently.
- Please provide a link to a plugin (preferably in the WordPress Plugin Directory) you developed.
We only review applications with cover letters.
We will be accepting applications until June 24th, 2020. We’ll spend time reviewing applications until July 3rd, 2020 -- no need to check in with us if you don’t hear anything back from us during this time!
Up to € 75,000 / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level.