This is a remote, day-shift, position open to candidates living in the Asia-Pacific region. Only candidates currently residing in time zones UTC+8 through UTC+12 will be considered.
As a Technical Support & Enablement Engineer, you’ll craft our customer experience. Pressable is looking to grow our diverse team of individuals with a background in WordPress, the technical knowledge for anything that comes their way, and the determination to get the job done. Our agents establish relationships with our customers by listening to their needs, understanding their problems, and providing tailored solutions.
Pressable is a new breed of technology company: one part WordPress managed hosting and another part services innovation. Both empower small agencies and giant clients to scale their business on the WordPress platform. Pressable’s platform enhances WordPress with developer tools, security, analytics, and world class support so that companies can build and deploy their digital experiences faster than ever.
Pressable is owned by Automattic, the brand behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Crowdsignal, WordPress VIP and many others. Founded in 2010, Pressable follows Automattic’s distributed team model with employees all over the world. We engage the most brilliant minds regardless of location and give them the best resources to perform the finest work of their careers.
YOUR DAY WILL INVOLVE:
- Interacting with existing and potential customers by responding to WordPress and platform related inquiries through email-based tickets and live chats (10%).
- Writing and maintaining documentation, writing blog posts, and contributing to the community of WordPress support around the globe (50%).
- Deeply diving into WordPress issues for high-touch enterprise clients and agencies (40%).
BEING A TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER REQUIRES:
- A solid foundation in WordPress, its inner workings, common issues, community, and proper use cases. You are well-versed in your craft.
- An eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt, allowing you to teach others. You are a lifelong learner.
- You are comfortable working with and solving problems with PHP.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a passion for taking technical language and making it understandable.
- You are fluent and eloquent in written English.
- Advanced proficiency using the command line (Bash scripting a plus), WP-CLI, and an understanding of the domain name system (DNS), domain registration, and various email setups.
- A willingness to regularly assist with coverage gaps.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
This role can be part time or full time depending on the candidate, but will usually include Sundays. The hours will be business hours (approximately 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.) in the UTC +8/+9/+10/+11/+12 time zones.
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office benefit
- Technology benefit
- Coworking subsidy
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT PRESSABLE
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Pressable. We want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups, and we require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams.
We may invite applicants to complete a limited-time paid trial as part of the hiring process. A trial is a shared opportunity for our team and the applicant to get experience working together to see if we’re the right fit.
What are you waiting for?