Posted 3 months ago
$30 per hour, 30 hours per week.
Our team is 100% remote and distributed across the world. We have team members in Australia, the US, Canada, Thailand, Germany, Argentina, South Africa, the UK, and Romania. It doesn't matter where you live or what time zone you're in.
Your main responsibility will be to reply to customers asking for help with WP All Export and WP All Import. You need to love to help others and be able to keep it friendly even when dealing with difficult customers. You need to enjoy the whole process of turning anxious, confused, or angry customers into happy ones. You must be an excellent writer. We want our support replies to be friendly, easy to understand, and concise.
We are a small team but we try to give everyone as much flexibility as possible. Flexibility means that you can work in the mornings, or the evenings, or both, or in the middle of the night, or whatever. It means you can take two weeks off to go on a trip. It means you can wake up and decide you don't feel like working and take the day off without telling anyone.
It doesn't mean you can work 50hrs one week and then 5hrs the next. It doesn't mean that you can work two 15 hour days and then take the rest of the week off.
- Responding to customer support inquiries
- Adding to and improving our documentation
- Aggregating customer feedback and assisting us with development/product roadmap decisions
- Writing concise bug reports based on support tickets that are a result of bugs in WP All Export or WP All Import
- Testing development versions of WP All Import and WP All Export
- Developing add-ons for WP All Import
The only thing we care about is the ability to provide high-quality customer support to our clients. The more of these boxes you can tick the better, in descending order of importance:
- Minimum availability of 30 hours per week.
- Flawless written English.
- Expert-level WordPress knowledge. Extensive experience with WordPress including troubleshooting, debugging, plugin development, and WordPress database structure.
- At least intermediate-level PHP knowledge. Ability to write PHP functions, work with arrays, and make use of our API: http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/developers/execute-php/, http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/developers/action-reference/, and http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/addon-dev/overview/
- Fast and hands-on learner. Able to quickly become familiar with our software and learn new things about WordPress, PHP, and related technologies.
- Experience with WooCommerce.
- Familiarity with XML and CSV file formats, phpMyAdmin, XPath, debugging and troubleshooting WordPress themes and plugins via FTP, and cPanel and other web hosting control panels.