Posted 10 months ago
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Director, Salesforce Research
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Salesforce Research team is looking for a Director who is a thought leader with a track record of innovative research publications in artificial intelligence and experience working with peers in academic, corporate or industry settings. This leader will manage a team of highly motivated Research Scientists exploring research in the fields of computer vision, speech, natural language understanding. The leader will have autonomy and space to drive the focus of their research team. There will also be opportunities to convert research models and ideas into products that integrate into the CRM platform.
The Director will lead and help deliver Salesforce Research's goals of publishing at and participating in top conferences in AI, developing and growing partnerships for applications of research findings into products, evangelizing AI at Salesforce to greatly influence the future of all Salesforce products and most importantly attracting, retaining and growing the talent in the team.
- Contribute to the state-of-the-art research by supporting and participating in delivering high quality publications and/or patent submissions
- Representing Salesforce Research at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Lead the way within Salesforce on how we can leverage our data and assets to create intelligence for our customers
- Deliver prototypes from research findings that can help the broader set of internal and external stakeholders visualize and understand the implications of the research
- Partner with product management and engineering organizations, where possible to create real-world applications that bring research into Salesforce products
- Work with Data Engineers and deep learning software engineers to convert models to production functioning apps
- Engage with thought leaders in the industry and in academia to exchange ideas, partner on joint research and lead in the growth and evolution of the field of AI
- Attract and bring in highly talented research scientists to Salesforce
- Mentor, peer review work and provide advisory input into ongoing research within the team
- Work with the Chief Scientist at Salesforce to expand global awareness of Salesforce Research through talks and presentations
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline or similar publication record and focus in industry
- 8+ Years experience either in Academia or industry in machine learning or related fields (PhD years count)
- Strong understanding of deep learning techniques
- Strong fundamentals in applied mathematics
- Experience mentoring and advising Researchers in AI
- In-depth experience with problems such as text categorization, text summarization, information extraction, question answering, dialogue learning, machine translation, language and vision, image classification, image segmentation, or object detection.
- Hands on development experience in Python/Java, PyTorch/TensorFlow, AWS/Cloud Platform and Data mining tools
In particular, we are looking for experts in speech to help build advanced machine learning technology for speech and language. We aim to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and audio signal processing to provide the best possible experience for our customers. You will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and to push the state of the art in speech recognition and language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products that make use of speech and language technology. Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial or government-funded speech products) is a huge plus.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.