Posted 7 months ago
Plain Concepts is working with emerging technologies and partners closely with teams within Microsoft that drive thought leadership and innovation.
With more than 300 employees globally, Plain Concepts keeps growing. However, with just under 10 employees. our US office remains a “start-up like” company and we’re looking for a passionate, motivated and senior web developer to drive our web projects as well as mentor a growing web team in the US.
Our projects typically are 1 – 3 months duration and focused on showcasing innovation and latest technologies in demos, prototypes and marketing websites for events such as Microsoft Ignite and Microsoft //BUILD.
The position is 100% remote as long as US based.
- Architect and lead innovative, complex web projects (frontend and backend) mainly demos, reference applications and marketing web apps.
- Consult on client projects
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with Agile methodology
- Evaluate and implement changes to tools and modules based on the needs of the client
- Mentor more junior web developers, helping solve issues and doing code reviews to build a strong team
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- Experience with mobile-friendly development approaches such as responsive design and adaptive design.
- 3+ years experience working with .NET applications (.NET, ASP.NET, C#, .NET Core).
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic and fast paced environment with changing priorities and requirements both as team member and independently.
- Passion for crafting secure, scalable, accessible and performant web applications
- Experience with cloud technologies (we use Microsoft Azure)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience building and using JSON-based RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Azure (Web Apps, Azure SQL, CosmoDB, Azure Functions), PowerShell, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in integrating with API services
- Experience using Azure DevOps (CI/CD) or GitHub Actions
- Experience with Git
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with web fonts
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as D3.js
- Experience in working with TDD
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Remote work.
- Continuous training.
- Medical and dental Insurance.
- 15 days of PTO
Plain Concepts is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.