Posted about 1 year ago
At DataStax we are on the forefront of an incredible market opportunity with life-changing technology. We are looking for individuals who are ready to make an impact and able to thrive in a rapidly growing environment. Huge market, amazing technology and talented people are all great reasons to join DataStax.
As a DataStax Architect, you are an expert trusted advisor to our customers as they design, build and operate new technologies that leverage the unique strengths of DataStax software. As a member of the DataStax Professional Services team, it is your mission to make it easy for DataStax customers to use our software to achieve continuous success.
Essential Job Functions:
Help customers correctly use DataStax software. This involves:
This work will usually be delivered post sale. Engagements could be performed on-site or remote.
As part of your normal activities, you may:
- Application Architecture: tailor DataStax reference architectures to provide performant, resilient, scalable, secure, distributed architectures which can exceed SLAs and are easily maintained.
- Data Modeling: design and test data models which are pragmatic, performant, and scalable.
- Application Implementation: show the customer how to write robust and scalable data access code that correctly utilizes DataStax drivers.
- Infrastructure: help the customer select on-premise hardware or cloud instance types based on workload and capacity assessments.
- Production Operations: help the customer deploy, configure, secure, maintain, monitor, scale, troubleshoot, test and tune DataStax Enterprise clusters.
- Instructive Consulting: in response to customer questions, provide ad hoc instruction that is shaped by the customers specific environment, requirements and constraints.
- Identifying Needs: bring in the sales team when the customer will benefit from a services or license purchase / expansion.
- A Team Effort: collaborate with other roles in DataStax Professional Services, Technical Support, Pre-Sales, Sales, etc. to ensure our customer is successful.
- Develop, document, and share tools, techniques or best practices which can be used by customers or others within DataStax.
- Be a mentor to customers or other technical roles in DataStax.
- Assist other departments with their goals and participate in their processes in order to advance company-wide initiatives and build internal relationships.
- Participate in the DataStax customer community and attend meetups or events to build relationships and cultivate an understanding of community needs in less formal settings.
You have at least intermediate-level competency with:
- You have hands-on experience programming for, and operating, DataStax Enterprise or Apache Cassandra in a production environment. (1+ years)
- If you also have hands-on experience with other DataStax Enterprise components, that would be a big plus. (DSE Analytics / Spark, DSE Search / Solr, DSE Graph / Titan)
- You have 10+ years in hands-on technical roles; ideally blended across architecture, development and operations.
- You have cultivated one or more technology, domain or vertical specializations which could be valuable to some DataStax customers.
- You love to travel. In this role, you will travel up to 50% of the time.
- You practice active listening.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and like using those skills.
- You find teaching and mentoring gratifying.
- You work well with individuals as well as teams. You naturally lead but are comfortable following too.
- Location: North East United States
- RDBMSs and one or more NoSQL databases (in addition to DataStax Enterprise/Apache Cassandra)
- One or more programming languages and paradigms, e.g. Procedural & Functional paradigms
- Cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Strong Linux CLI & Linux System Administration skills
- Application and system performance tuning
- Network infrastructure & IP networking, server hardware, virtualization, containerization
- Distributed application & data processing architectures
- Security considerations for: physical environment, network, server, operating system, database, application, public & private cloud
- Queuing technologies
- Web application servers
- Front-end application development
- Common enterprise architecture patterns