Do the following statements describe you?
- You love helping people.
- You know how to go about troubleshooting simple and complex problems.
- You have a strong curiosity for how things work.
- You have a strong desire to work a problem until it’s resolved.
- You have a strong desire to make things better.
- You have some coding experience with Node.js and SQL.
If so, then we want to talk to you. Mailshake is seeking a highly motivated Support Engineer to handle up-level customer support issues for our simple yet powerful sales engagement software for sales professionals. You’ll troubleshoot and investigate various customer problems and see them through to resolution, helping to delight customers and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
About the Position
The Support Engineer is responsible for our Tier 2 support, which serves as the escalation level of our frontline Tier 1 support team. Handling Tier 2 support cases involve anything from querying the database to running Node.js scripts to digging through logs to find root causes of customer problems. You’ll use your strong troubleshooting skills to dig deep into complex issues and your can-do attitude to work problems until they are fixed.
Your daily work will be spent using HelpScout to triage support tickets, Datadog for looking through log data, MySQL for running SQL queries, Node.js for running scripts, and CloudWatch for monitoring production systems. Familiarity with AWS cloud services is a plus, but not required.
You’ll partner with our Tier 1 support team to ensure timely communication with customers, and you’ll also work very closely with our Engineering team to get a deep understanding of the platform and to help identify potential bugs in our system.
This is a remote-only position and thus requires the ability to get work done with minimal supervision, but you should also be able to communicate effectively with other members of the team on an as-needed basis. You should have a steady pace of resolving Tier 2 tickets while maintaining open dialog with our Tier 1 team, our Engineering team, and our customers.
- Provide up-level support for our Tier 1 support team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 2 support tickets in a consistent, timely manner.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to identify bugs and bug fixes.
- Monitor production systems for possible issues.
- Prior work in a Support Engineer role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work problems until they are fixed.
- Ability to read and write Node.js code.
- Ability to read and write SQL statements.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Datadog.
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch.
- Prior remote, work-from-home experience in a Support Engineer role.
- Prior work in a SaaS company.
Mailshake is a profitable, bootstrapped, and fast-growing startup looking to expand our product offering with the feedback of thousands of happy customers. We believe in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer flexible schedules, paid maternity/paternity leave, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, and other perks that come with being a remote company.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Mailshake we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. Mailshake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.